Absence from blogging

      My last post was about two and half months ago.  I actually had about three posts waiting to be published at certain times.  I will post them as I get back to regular scheduled postings. SO much as happened personally for me in the past few months.  I'm also hoping to make a new layout for my blog as well.  I'm realizing the blue on blue is not that easy to read.  Newbie blogger mistake!
       Some of the delays were quite honestly, I didn't have the adapter to upload pictures into my new computer.  I felt awkward posting recipes without the pictures.  I learned this from blogging, pictures are ALWAYS helpful when it comes to recipe posts.  I wanted to do a new layout.  I just simply didn't have the time to make all these changes I wanted to do.  I was working two jobs.  I was working six days a week.  All I was doing was working and working out. 
       In the past month, my life has once again, dramatically changed.  Let me rewind to December. I had gotten a temporary position that was supposed to last until November. This job was full time with benefits.  So this job, including my private practice, kept me busy.  I wanted to keep seeing my clients because I knew this full time job was only temporary.   Now fast forward to the end of April/beginning of May.   The full time position ended a lot earlier.  The last day was going to be the middle of May.  Yikes! Around the same time, the private practice that I was working at, that position ended.  We had decided to go our separate ways.  My last day there was last week. This meant my business plans that I wasn't quite ready to go public with, sped up! 
        In the meantime, I had gotten really sick with upper respiratory infection. That kept me out of work for quite some time. My grandmother broke her hip.  She's 93 years old so it was a bit worrisome.  She however is rocking her partial hip replacement.  She's in rehab.  I visited her today and I want to be like her when I'm 93.  My grandmother says she's not walking enough.  Mind you, her fall was about three weeks ago.  She wants to push herself.  This is EXACTLY the mindset we all should have when it comes to our fitness goals.  She definitely inspired me today.   I also got into a bad car accident a few weeks ago.  Those of you who are friends with me on FB saw some pictures and whatnot.  I fractured my foot and have nerve damage right now. :(  I'm currently at my mom's house since I can't do many things on my own.  I was unable to run a 5K I had planned for this weekend. 
        Throughout the past couple of months, I have been able to stay positive.  It wasn't easy.   I did get knocked down but I put my big girl panties on and went about my business.  I had my amazing mom for support.  I used inspirational quotes from Pinterest.  I got myself on instagram.  I follow some pretty inspiration fitness and food people! I focused on what my future goals are.  (another post for another week)  As I establish a new routine for myself, I will be blogging more and doing more.  It's the spring/summer which means FARMER'S MARKETS!!!!!!! whoohoo.  I'm excited about that.   This means new fitness routines, new recipes, new everything.  Thanks for being patient with me and dealing with my absence from the blogging world. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Care

Carrot Souffle Recipe

Roasted Winter Vegetable Vegetarian Jambalaya